Jay House Samios contributed this recipe. Jay says, "It was easy and yummy and my toddler loved it too!". Thanks Jay!
- 1 lb fava, shelled and boiled until soft, (about 20 minutes)
- 1/2 C farrow, boiled with salt, until soft (about 20 minutes - could use any grain of choice, rice, quinoa, bulgur, etc)
- Red wine vinegar (approximately 3 tablespoons)
- Good olive oil
- Very thinly sliced red onion (although if I had had scallion that would have been my first choice)
- Medium tomato cut into small pieces
- Small jar artichoke hearts (optional)
- Generous amount of black pepper
- Feta Cheese, crumbled on top
- Lettuce torn into small pieces
Drain the cooked farrow and fava and add oil & vinegar, and toss. I also cut the fava beans in half at this point, in part for aesthetics, and because the skins are tough. Cut up the tomato and add to the mixture, along with vinegar (if using). Add the pepper and toss again. Add artichoke hearts at this point, or you could also try capers, cut up pickles, roasted red peppers of what you have ...
Put your lettuce on a plate and heap salad on top, then top with feta.